Strategic Search Partners in Asia was founded in 2002 by a team of experienced financial market and executive search professionals with the aim of adding some value in terms of professionalism and insight to the business of executive search. This we have coupled with a ‘people-first’ approach which we apply to clients and candidates alike. Our objective is for our clients and candidates to feel that we are true partners in helping them shape their employment decisions and then help them execute. It is important for us to have colleagues, be they consultants, researchers or office managers that treat each other and our business contacts with respect and that we remain compact enough to keep control over these principles.
We appreciate that it is important for us to deliver. This will involve hard work and dedication, much of it in the evening and at weekends. In return, we expect commitment from our clients and candidates who are sincere. We take a ‘research-based’ approach, where our asset of a strong data base of contacts is the spring-board, but usually just the start, of the executive search. It is important for us to have a real understanding of the position’s profile, and time invested together with the client making sure we find an ideal candidate for the role. This will save everybody’s time. A clear description of the role helps attract quality candidates and ensure a ‘fit’
Hearing directly from the hiring manager about the ‘type’ of person, the soft-skills, and the kind of issues not necessarily best committed to paper(!), help us in the screening process. For locally based prospects, we expect to meet and qualify potential candidates and further inform them about the role. To give them a feel for the job and what is required. In return, we hope to be able to give some essence of the candidate and their personal strengths and weaknesses to the client in addition to the written profile. Understanding what makes both sides tick, can be vital in the negotiating stage when many considerations, other than money, can make the difference to being done or not.
Leveraging our consultant’s coverage experience and disciplined search methodology, we have also expanded our capabilities to include strategic and executive roles in the logistics and supply chain industry.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Senior and General Management roles
- Front office and mid-office roles in Banking and Finance industry
- Mid to senior-level roles in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry
HEADHUNTERS POLL – ASIAMONEY
BEST HEADHUNTING EXECUTIVES IN ASIA EX-JAPAN
- David Powe, Managing Director – Top 3 Best Headhunting Executives for Fixed Income (Asia Pacific – November 2013)
- Kai Sieng, Fung Director – Top 10 Best Headhunting Executives for Fixed Income/Debt/Treasury/DCM Categories (Asia Pacific – February 2008)
- David Powe, Managing Director – Top 20 of most admired headhunters for financial searches (Asia Pacific – February 2007)
BEST HEADHUNTING FIRMS IN ASIA EX-JAPAN – ALL CATEGORIES
- “Top 12” most admired Executive Search firms serving the Asian investment banking universe: Ex-Japan Asia (February 2004 Headhunters Poll fourth annual survey)
- “Top 29” most admired Executive Search firms serving the Asian investment banking universe: Ex-Japan Asia (February 2003 Headhunters Poll third annual survey)
HEADHUNTERS POLL METHODOLOGY
Asiamoney’s Headhunters Poll was emailed to almost 1,000 senior line managers and product managers as well as the heads of human resources at leading universal banks, investment banks, securities houses, private banks and fund management companies in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia. A very small number of the respondents are based in the UK, with hiring responsibilities in Asia.